So today was super…ish. Not super-ish as in superhero ish, but super-ish as in blah-ish. April fools day, ah! What more do I love than being upset at the world but for a reason. I had a premonition that April fools day was going to be bad, and for once in my life I was wrong. We stole my biology teacher’s keyboard and all then we all sat backwards in our chairs, that was kinda awesome. I liked sitting backwards. I had a different perspective of the room.
So here I was, thinking I was not going to get a detention for a while. I’m trying to behave myself at this school. But, whadya know? I got one.
Riggins always manages to give out these totally killer tests. I hate that, I do all my homework and have an A but then I take tests and get Fs; bringing my average to a C. So of course a new math partner who just happened to be freakishly good at trig was like a blessing (remember Damien?). I could not concentrate today, my mind is on other subjects (mind your own business) so I decided it would be a good idea to cheat. I wasn’t gonna do it at first, I struggled through my test like I normally do, but there were a few that I needed help on. So when Riggings wasn’t looking, I glanced at Damien’s paper. I just glanced, but the woman has eyes on the back of her head.
I swear, she wasn’t even looking at me and called out: “Jeannie, I sure hope your not doing what I think your doing” I stupidly go “No.” (it would have been a much better choice to ask her what I was doing. When I said no, I had screwed myself over. I hate it when I know exactly what to say 2 minutes after a conversation). So, my extremely “witty” teacher says “What, are you gonna turn around and say ‘April Fools’? Detention” she looks over at my table, “For both of you.”.
At this point I felt super bad for Damien cause I didn’t want to drag him into this mess. But maybe ill get to study him more in detention. But I didn’t want him to get in trouble with his parents or anything (already thinking of the heap of trouble I was going to be in).
But then Damien did something strange. “I don’t think your gonna give me detention.” This guy obviously has either some guts or a death wish. You have no idea what this white woman can do. But then, her eyes turned bronze and and she had this odd smile on her face “That’s right, April Fools”. and the class went insane. Or as insane as they can go while taking a test.
So I went back to attempting to take my test. And Damien just handed me his paper and said “Be discreet.” So that I was and he saved my life cause most of the marvelous work I had done was extremely wrong.
And I still cant help but be intrigued by Damien Grey. There is just something so different about him. And in case you haven’t noticed, I have this strange thing where I always have to know everything about everyone. And I’m gonna figure him out too.
I turned my test in as the bell had rang. I picked up my bag and walked to meet Gabe. When I was walking out of the room I just happened to glance down at my desk. There were these crazy indents in them. Like burn marks. But not. It was so weird.
So yea, I didn’t get detention. April Fools!
Song in my head all day: Subject to Setback (This Century)
Turn Me Off (Audrye Sessions)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Isn’t it horrible when you find yourself everything you want to be, but you feel empty.
Posted by jeannie at 7:17 PM
Labels: cant explain it, damien west, random stuff i go thru (flml)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you got caught cheating off the freak!?
you shouldnt call people freaks annie, its not nice.
Post a Comment