“Sometimes I wish
That you’d just leave
And stop making it so
Hard to breathe
And your whispers
Were slightly heard
They said they wanted lies
And you were there to say the word” –fml at 11:45
Quick thought:
Think back to all the Disney movies that you watched when you were a child. Now try to name one that both parents are alive in. it’s not easy. Ariel didn’t have a father. Cinderella’s mom died. The Lion King; was there parents, I can’t remember? Finding Nemo! Yep, both a mom and a dad! Too bad they decided to kill her off in the first five minutes.
Basically every Disney movie includes death, or violence, or some kind of tragedy. Yes, it does provide for plot, but should a child be exposed to this? Whatever.
I heard that the new movie, I think it’s called Earth, took it too far. Instead of one or two, there were three animal killing scenes. That’s too much. Even the adults were scared by this, so it wasn’t subtle stuff. And it’s never the normal animal to get killed, you always have to watch a child, or an oldie, or a sick one die.
So go Disney. Life is cruel…
But Yay today is my birthday. And I got to wear my pretty dress today. It is a little baggy though. But I got 2 awards and quite a few laughs with Roxana at the ceremony. Oh and cookies, and brownies, and cupcakes. Which I brought to 5th and they were eaten within 30 seconds of being revealed. I didn’t get much of that. But it was all worth it when Jake spit out his oatmeal cookie because he thought it was chocolaty.
And Diamond’s email last Friday was enough for a lifetime of love. And Pauli gave me a letter that almost made me cry with the feelings of being important. And yummy smelling sprays. On the back was this mind-blowing poem. That I'm going to be greedy and keep to myself. I'm so thankful for people like this. Most of the time. People like this never fail to blow my mind (Can I ask you a hypothetical question?)- So yea, pretty interesting day.
Book signing tonight. Grabbing my size 3s and paint-splattered V-Neck as we speak. Or as I type (even though you can’t type and get dressed at the same time) Picking Kayla up later. This might just be interesting.
Oh, and the Psycho mock is finished. Edited. We missed so many shots, and I'm terrible at dying. Which I cover up with the extremely accurate fact that the storyboards were wrong so I didn’t know what to do. Ms. Garcia saw it, and everybody else’s so I'm sure I will be hearing about the hilariosity of this later.
Ice Cream soon. And Self-Titled Album (the Audition) released today. I can’t wait; Lela’s buying it for my prezzie. My favorites are the Running Man and Los Angeles. Los Angeles has the cutest theme; the dude is jealous of Los Angeles because it gets to keep his love for two months. <3>
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
You are everything I want. Cause you are everything I'm not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh we totally had laughs at the awards ceremony!
about the disney movies...you forgot to mention how sexist they are. the princess always needs a guy to save her. (BTW - this would be an AWESOME time to bring out the cheetah girls to sing that song about being their own knights in shining armor)
who's Lela? it that me? cuz i got you that present? but my name is....kayla????
...confused
Post a Comment