-If you ever find yourself bored online, give this a listen. I often find myself extremely bored, and I go on purevoulme.com. This is a website that allows different bands to have profiles, and put their music on for download. It’s kinda like that myspace music thing but a lot less poser. It’s more raw. So I was looking and I found this guy named Goot. Yea, that’s his last name (I can’t remember his first name, but he goes by Goot so it doesn’t matter.)
-This guy is insane. He’s like 20ish and a one man band. He plays guitar, drums, piano and vocals. For himself. He mixes it all together into this awesomeness. His songs are super super catchy. For instance, Doctor’s Orders, after I listened to that song like 200 times I was convinced that the chorus has been a few movies.
-If you’re ever bored and decide to mess around with a few chords on the piano, he’s a great inspiration. He is an awesome pianist. And his voice is what I call schoolbusattack material (only Gabi will get that).
-I know its super boring listening to me go on and on about some artist, but give this dude a listen. Usually I hate this type of music (I'm more indie punk) but this dude is something else. So if your looking for something that’s not so clean cut, not radioized (=sucks), and a little different, give this dude a listen.
If you’re still looking for weird rough stuff it would be a good idea to do this too. (I'm gonna throw in facts here too, I seem to be good with random information about music) Look up Midtown. This is the Cobra Starship (Gabe is awesome) singer with a more acoustic (dare I say rockish) sound. On Purevolume, Sister Golden Hair is free. If you’re a fan of the Academy Is, you might recognize the name of this band (After the Last Midtown Show).
The Academy Is (William Beckett, perfection in one word)…William Beckett used to be in a band called Remember Maine (Stab and Twist, Make It Quick) with his best friend Nick Sicema (spelling?). On Purevolume you can find Waiting Up free for download. If you really know me well, you’ll recognize this song. I have adopted it as my anthem. The lyrics are sprawled across everything I own.
Must listen to whenever you are blehh
All Over You (The Spill Canvas)
Baby You Won’t Last a Minute on the Creek (Chiodos)
Temper, Temper (Envy on the Coast)
Annie Taylor (Lives of Famous Men)
Glass to the Arson (Anberlin)
Friday, April 3, 2009
heyy dont u lobbe spring break
Posted by jeannie at 1:47 PM
Labels: suggestion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment